In 1860, the First Baptist Church of Lebanon, N.H. was formed by a group of 26 men and women in order to meet the needs of the growing community of Baptists in Lebanon. In 1862, a small chapel was built and used for worship until 1869, when it was replaced.
Standing on the corner of Green St. and School St. in downtown Lebanon, the building is today protected as a historical landmark in Lebanon.
The ministry of the church through the years has included such activities as a choir, Sunday School, a mission society, a Philathea class, youth group, and other organizations.
Today, the First Baptist Church of Lebanon remains a friendly and welcoming church. Average Sunday attendance is approximately 170 people. Members hail from towns all over the Upper Valley, and represent a diverse collection of ages and backgrounds.
|John McKinley||1862-1868||W.J.B Cannell||1930-1943|
|E.E. Cummings||1869-1870||F.K. Neary||1943-1956|
|J. Tucker Jr.||1870-1871||R.J. Bracey||1957-1968|
|H. Barnes||1871-1874||F.K. Emerson, Sr.||1968-1975|
|J.H. Gannet||1874-1875||B.S. Howe||1976-1982|
|N.F. Tilden||1876-1899||K.B. Solheim||1983-1985|
|W.L. Stone||1899-1903||R. Varnum (interim)||1985-1986|
|F.L. Knapp||1903-1912||P. Barnes (asst.)||1999-2001|
|J.K. Miller||1912-1918||Dale Edwards||1986-2012|
|C.L. Chamberlin||1918-1922||David Brown (interim)||2012-2013|
|H.H. White||1923-1927||Eliot Fay||2013-Present|